How to Make the Ultimate Vegan Cream Cheese
I’ve perfected Mixed Berry Cream Cheese. Vegan or not. And it’s, like, the most versatile thing ever. Okay, maybe not, but I’ve put it on so many things now that it should probably have its own commercial. If you want, skip down to the video and recipe below. Or, check out a few things I did with it first.
I have become somewhat addicted to Mauk Family Farms raw vegan, sprouted crisps. They are extremely healthy, and delicious with any spread (cream cheese, hummus, pate’, etc.). I also had some of this delicious cream cheese as a dip for fruit after dinner one night. I just added a tablespoon of coconut milk to make it just a little less thick, and more like a ‘fruit dip’, so be sure to give that a try too! But, the coolest thing I did with this mixed berry cream cheese was this really, really tasty wrap below. Check it out!
Mixed Berry Cream Cheese Lunch Wrap
So all I did here was grab a BFree Wrap (vegan, gluten free, soy free, non-GMO, no added sugar, etc.), spread some mixed berry cream cheese, added some colorful kale, fresh blueberries, 2 TB of Hemp Hearts, and some leftover acorn squash from another night’s dinner. Just roll, roll, roll your wrap… I used Follow Your Heart’s Honey Mustard dressing to dip it in. Absolutely delicious!
But, back to the recipe at hand- Vegan Mixed Berry Cream Cheese
Mixed Berry Cream Cheese
- 2 cups Raw Cashews (soaked at least 2 hours)
- 1/4 cup Plain Vegan Yogurt (I used Kite Hill)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Cream- can use coconut manna, the solids of canned full fat coconut milk, or actual coconut cream in a package
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Water (after that, add 1 TB at a time if it needs it)
- 1 TB Beet Root Powder
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 cup Freeze Dried Raspberries
- 1 cup Freeze Dried Blueberries
- Soak cashews in hot water for at least 2 hours, or in warm water overnight.
- Combine soaked cashews, yogurt, coconut cream, lemon juice, and water. Blend very well until it becomes a cream. May add 1 TB of water at a time if you feel it needs it.
- Add beet root powder and blend thoroughly.
- Add freeze dried raspberries and blueberries, and blend for an additional minute.
- Pour mixture in a container and cover with a plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator overnight to fully cultivate. If you wanted too though, and just couldn't wait, you could have the cream cheese before that. But, it may be warm from the blender as well.
- Remove and enjoy! Place a regular lid on the container so that it is airtight. Will keep for some time in the refrigerator, though check to make sure it is still good after a week or so.
Please let us know what you think in the comments below. Also, check out these deals from Amazon that you’ll need for this recipe. Have that stuff delivered right to your front door! Oh, and did you notice there’s no sugar in this recipe?? Well, it doesn’t need it because it is seriously perfect, but check out this list of 130+ sugars and sweeteners so you can choose your sweets as wisely as possible.