Easy Pesto Parmesan Tofu Penne From Some of My VERY Favorite Brands
Follow Your Heart is an absolutely phenomenal vegan food brand, on so many levels. All of their foods are non-GMO and responsibly sourced. They run their company with such care and efficiency that only THREE percent of their garbage actually makes it to a legitimate landfill. I can’t say enough about this company, but I do tell you a lot in this video here. Check it out as the Geezer and I sample about 10 of Follow Your Heart’s products, including their Pesto and Parmesan Shreds. Those two products are big players in this Pesto Parmesan Tofu Penne dish.
Jovial Foods is another company I am just in love with. Again, everything is responsibly sourced and NON-GMO. They pride themselves on providing the best of the best organic grains and produce for their products. I have a video in the works about them if you want to check out what I’ve got to say about a lot of their delicious foods. I’ll come back and update this post as soon as it’s done. Their gluten-free penne is the perfect base for this dish.
Together these two brands make one helluva dinner. I’m sure they would make a thousand delicious dinners, to be honest. But here’s something I threw together on a weekday night. It’s super delicious and easy, and an excellent dinner idea for you to try if you’re in a time crunch (or not). It’s Vegan, Gluten Free and Non-GMO. If you can’t find some of these brands/items at your grocery, scroll down to the Amazon links and have them brought to your front door. Check it out:
Let’s Get Cookin’
Parmesan Pesto Tofu Penne
- 2 servings Extra Firm Tofu (packages vary, go by servings)
- 6 oz Mushrooms chopped
- 1 cup Broccoli chopped
- 4 oz Jovial Foods Gluten-free Penne dry weight
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan, Vegan (I used Go Veggie)
- 1 TB Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper, black
- 1/3 cup Pesto from Follow Your Heart
- 1/3 cup Shredded Parmesan from Follow Your Heart
- If tofu does not come pressed, do that first. See this post on how. After pressed, cut tofu into small cubes about 1/2", and place in a small mixing bowl.
- Add grated parmesan, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to the tofu bowl and mix well with a spoon so that the mix coats the tofu well.
- On medium or med-high heat, oil the pan (if needed- ceramic pans typically don't require it), and begin to sear the tofu.
- In the meantime, bring a pot of water to boil for the pasta. Once it begins to boil, cook pasta for 9 minutes (or per container instructions). Rinse with luke warm water for 30-60 seconds to prevent it from continuing to cook. Set aside.
- After 5 minutes of searing the tofu, add the broccoli and mushrooms to the pan. Cook for another 7-10 minutes.
- When complete, add the tofu mix and pesto to the pasta and mix well with a spoon to make sure all the noodles and tofu mix is covered. Top with vegan parmesan shreds and Enjoy!!
Follow Your Heart and Jovial Foods are both included in our HUGE giveaway. Head over here to enter and check it out!!